Rental Policy – Terms and Conditions of Rental – Encore Bike Rentals LLC.
The Day of Your Rental (What to Expect):
- You’ll sign a waiver for each rider, parent/guardian must sign for minor riders. Refusal to sign waiver will result in cancellation of the rental, with a refund issued to credit card on file.
- We will provide you with a helmet. You must wear a helmet at all times while riding our bikes, no matter the terrain, no exceptions. We care about your safety first.
- Review the bike and its features with you, especially for our E-MTBs.
- Provide a short skills test and watch you ride the bike. If we think that you may not have the necessary skills to ride the bike, we have the right to refund your money and cancel the rental.
- Let you ride around the trailhead or drop-off location to ensure that you know proper operation of the bike and feel comfortable. If we or you (the renter) decide after this short ride that you don’t feel comfortable we will issue you a full refund.
- Provide you with suggested rides based on your current skills level and past experience on a mountain bike. We also have recommended rides on our website.
- Your safety is most important to us, we’ll go over some basic safety on the trails and paths around our area.
- In order to rent our bikes, you MUST be at least 18 years old with a government-issued ID, cell phone number, email address, and a major credit card. Riders between the ages of 12 and 18 must be accompanied and signed for by a parent/guardian. There is a 275 lb. weight limit for the bikes.
Rental Policies Summary
- A driver’s license/govt. Issued ID and credit card are required
- All Riders must sign and approve a Liability Waiver ( https://encorebikerentals.com/sign-waiver/ )
- Refer to our cancellation policy for dangerous weather refunds and other factors that affect cancellations and refunds
- We will deliver your bike in the morning at a scheduled time that we will set up with you before your ride. Keep in mind that we often have multiple deliveries to make in the morning and may not be able to get your rental to you at the exact time you scheduled. We will contact you to arrange a pickup time and confirm the day of your ride.
- You are responsible for the costs (retail price of parts and labor) of any and all damage associated with your use of the bike. Negligence, misuse, abuse, crashing or lack of knowledge of proper operation is not an excuse for damage. If you don’t understand how to properly shift or operate the bike please ask our staff at time of delivery.
Cancellations: Please refer to our Cancellation Policy for further details on cancellations.
- More than 3 days notice (>72 hours): 100% refund or free rescheduling for another time.
- Less than 3 days but more than 24 hours notice (72-24 hours): 50% refund or free rescheduling for another time.
- Day of Cancellations (Less than 24 hours): No refund
No Call/No Show: Failure to show up at the delivery location will result in 100% forfeiture of payment.
Early Returns: There are no refunds once the bike is delivered and the test ride of the bike is completed.
Late Returns: Bikes must be returned no later than closing time (30 Minutes after sunset) on the due date or be subject to an additional one-day charge. We will make a plan for the pickup location and time when we deliver the bike. If something changes, you must inform our staff that you’re ready for pickup via text or phone call. You cannot abandon the bike, especially unlocked, at any location.
Rental Day: A rental day is from Open to Close (not 24 Hours). See our website for most current hours of operation.
Damage to Rental Bikes: (Optional Damage Protection Plan)
- Encore Damage Protection Plan:
We understand that accidents can happen, especially while biking. We offer our Damage Protection Plan to make sure you’re covered for a 10% additional fee added to the overall cost of the rentals. This plan is limited to up to $500 in damages per bike rented. Further damage will be charged at 60% of the cost of labor and repair parts. This plan is optional but must be purchased before you start your rental period.
Damages covered including but not limited to: slashed tires, broken brake lever, bent/broken derailleur, dented rim, damaged cable and/or housing, scraped fork or shock stanchions, broken/bent chain, bent/broken bars, scratches/scrapes to frame (not structural). Limited to up to $500 in damages. Further damage will be charged at 60% of the cost of labor and repair parts.
Damages NOT covered: structural damage/cracks to frames, taco-ed/severely damaged wheels, bent forks, damages caused by improper transportation, damages caused by riding above design intent of bike (large drops and jumps), theft or loss of any equipment, damages caused by fire or underwater submersion, purposeful destruction, abuse or vandalism by renter or other parties.
- If at checkout or at the start of your rental you decide to waive the Damage Protection Plan, you are responsible for the costs (retail price of parts and labor) of any and all damage associated with your use of the bike. Negligence, misuse, abuse, crashing or lack of knowledge of proper operation is not an excuse for damage. If you don’t understand how to properly shift or operate the bike please ask our staff at time of delivery.
- Our mountain bikes and E-MTBs are designed to be used in normal off-road trail conditions but are not designed for large jumps, drops, and features. Use of our bikes on these features is not permitted and increases the likelihood of damage to the bike and injury to yourself or others. If you have questions about the use of our bikes just ask.
- Prices do not include sales and use tax.
- Encore Bike Rentals will refuse to rent to people under the influence of alcohol or drugs or for any other reason justified by the judgment of the company. We take safety very seriously; riding and alcohol/drugs just don’t mix well.
- Encore Bike Rentals doesn’t permit use of our bikes for riding at night. Please check local sunset times and make plans to be off the trails and back at your delivery/pickup location by the time scheduled with us.
- All riders must wear the proper safety equipment, including the supplied helmet. Gloves are recommended but not required. We also recommend pads for certain riding areas, which can be rented at an additional cost.
- During the rental, the rider is required to comply with the rules of the US Highway Code. Encore Bike Rentals rejects any liability for improper use of the bike or for the rider’s failure to comply with the regulations of the US Highway Code. Failure to comply with these rules could result in the issuance of a ticket by the authorities. The renter will be responsible for the payment of this ticket.
- If your bike may become unavailable due to circumstances out of our control, you will receive a full refund and be notified via email or phone.
- Credit Card and Driver’s License/ Passport/ Government issued ID are required for all rentals, no exceptions.
- Our bikes may have asset tracking devices placed on them in order to aid in recovery due to theft. This device transmits a GPS location of the bike to our staff. Our staff reserves the right to use this GPS data for any purpose.
- In the event of loss of helmet, lock, pads or any accessories of the bike or damages, the renter will pay the necessary amount to restore the vehicle to its original condition, according to the estimate of the company and bike manufacturer. In case of theft or total loss of a bike, the renter will be charged the MSRP of the bike by Encore Bike Rentals, LLC
- The bike must be returned within the time slot indicated in this contract to the same place where it was delivered or an agreed-upon location. The bike will be considered returned only when it is returned to a representative of Encore Bike Rentals in person. Failure to return the bike without prior notice or without proven exceptional circumstances will be considered an act of theft and the renter will be reported to the police.
- Renter may ask to borrow a basic lock. If the renter decides to park the bike in any location a lock must be used to secure the bike. Keep in mind that this lock can be defeated by determined thieves and shouldn’t be used to lock the bike unsupervised. In the event of theft of the bike, the renter must file a report to the authorities and provide Encore Bike Rentals with a copy of the theft report. The renter will be billed the agreed amount as compensation for the stolen bike. If the bike is found or fully recovered, this sum will be returned to the renter.